Monday, April 4, 2011

Caricatures - Commercial Illustration and Fun Gift

Hi All,

I recently dug out my caricature book to show a prospective client, some samples.  It brought back a lot of good memories.  One of my favorite types of artwork to create has always been the caricature.  During my 22 year career in the Air Force, I'd done probably 200-300 caricatures.  It's a fun medium to work with and because AF people are continually moving around you always are saying "so long" to someone; and a caricature makes a great "going away" gift.  It's a unique gift, with a fun and goofy likeness of the person....they're always a hit for the recipient and everyone else as well.

There's also a commercial illustration application to this as well.  Magazines and other publications feature various styles of caricatures regularly to accompany stories in their publications.

I'm going to keep the text to a minimum this week and include several of the old school caricatures from the past, and a few updated commercial style ones as well.

Remember, if I can assist with any of your artwork needs, commercial or personal - let me know, I'd love to hear from you and I'd love to help.  (my contact info is in my blogs profile).  Have a great week and enjoy the artwork.

Gift for a colleague - Pen and Ink on Bristol Board

Gift for a colleague - Mixed Media (colored pencil, ink and
airbrush acrylic)

60 Yr Old Man - I was commissioned to produce this for a client
to give as a gag birthday gift.  Mostly colored pencil
with a little dry and air brush.

Gift for a colleague - Pen and Ink on Bristol

Michelle - Portfolio piece - ink drawing, scanned and
painted digitally

Arpiao - Portfolio - Local Sheriff, digital illustration

Timberlake - Portfolio - Pen and ink, scanned and
painted digitally

Pen and Ink - gift from my class to my First Sergeant
Academy Instructor

Gift for my old buddy - Mike - or as most of us
call him "Z"

1 comment: