Sunday, October 22, 2017

Digital Painting - Mike Daniels

Hi All,

How are you doing?  Things are going pretty good out here in AZ.  It's crazy - I know that it's getting cold and leaves dropping off the trees in so many places, and here it's still around 90 degrees in the day.  But that's how it is.  It was a long hot summer - so it's nice to get a little break.

I've been working on a little more artwork this fall.  I'm just finishing another Green Bay Packer piece.  This one features defensive tackle and amazing player - Mike Daniels.  This guy is a huge, powerful lineman whose motor never stops.  This is turning out to be a big year for him, so I felt it was time to get a Mike Daniels illustration in the collection.

Mike Daniels - digital paint by Tom Kreienbrink

 I drew and painted the entire piece on my old Mac computer in Photoshop, using my Wacom tablet.  I used a line art technique first.  Drawing the images on the top layer.  Then I colored the images of Daniels on a layer below the line art.  Finally, I applied a green background, border, text and finishing touches. 



I love illustrating people.  Being a Green Bay Packers fan, I enjoy illustrating some of my favorite players.  On this piece, I thought I'd try a little bit of an old school comic style. 

Enjoy the artwork - and enjoy fall, the rest of football season and the coming winter.  Every day is a gift, so enjoy it (even Monday).  Work on something creative yourself, and spread a little kindness around you.

Have a great day.

Peace,

Tom

On-line portfolio - www.behance.net/tk-art

No comments:

Post a Comment