Monday, July 13, 2015

Phillip Seymour Hoffman Caricature

Hi All,

How's it going out there?  How's summer time where you are?  Here in Phoenix, it's been hot, as it should be in summer.  This morning I cleaned the swimming pool and I've got a couple massage clients later in the afternoon.  So it's a good Monday.

The other day I watched the documentary about Drew Strewzan - the amazing movie poster artist.  Back when I was doing mostly airbrush work and illustration, he was one of my heroes.  So I got out the sketch book and a pen, as I was watching and started sketching a caricature of Phillip Seymour Hoffman.  I love his movies - such a great actor and I'm sad we no longer will have him around.

pen and ink in sketchbook
Initially I sketched with a ball point pen and sketch book in my lap....just for fun.  Then I took a photo of it with my phone and did a little painting in Photoshop on the computer.    I started with a magazine photo to work from.

sketch after painting in Photoshop with Wacom tablet.

I enjoy sketching once in a while as I sit around.  It's good for all of us to do this.  It gets us into the right side of the brain...let that creativity flow.

I hope you all have a great week.  Enjoy a little sketching today.  If you're not very artistic...make sure you do the sketching.  It's good for you.

Peace,

Tom

web portfolio:  www.behance.net/tk-artwww.behance.net/tk-art

No comments:

Post a Comment