Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tee Design - More Beef Than You Can Handle

Hi All,

I came across my tee shirt from the 11th Civil Engineers Squardron (CE) recently and thought I'd get out the artwork and share it here in the blog.  The last three years of my Air Force career, I moved on from multimedia and became a First Sergeant.  I was assigned to the 11th CE Squadron, Bolling Air Force Base in the District of Columbia.

The shirt was to be a fun shirt that folks may want to wear to squadron functions and also to be a fundraiser for the squadron booster club.  Because I'm an artist, we saved some bucks on the artwork.  The shirt was printed with black on a grey (ash) colored tee shirt.  The Prime Beef logo was printed on the front of the shirt, on the breast pocket area.  This is a common "logo" used by civil engineers throughout the Air Force.

Logo printed on front of shirt.  Breast pocket area, about 4" in diameter.

On the back we did a Prime Beef cartoon design.  As you've suspected, "More Beef Than You Can Handle" is an Air Force Civil Engineers slogan and the Beef steer is the representative mascot.  I'm embarrassed that I don't remember what the acronym "Prime Beef" stands for.  But, it's the part of CE that mobilizes and responds in contingency situations.

Design on the back of the tee shirt.  

We printed the back one color (black) as well.  The cartoon is pretty obviously a "Prime Beef" mascot who's a CE Airman, surrounded by various aspects of what they do.  Basically, as you've probably figured out, they're the construction element of the Air Force.  Electricity, Power Production, Vertical and Horizontal construction, Plumbing and Water Treatment, Facilities Maintenance, and Plans, Contracts, Procurement, Designing, and the Readiness folks (can't forget them or I'd be in trouble :).

Tee Design with color.  Color added with Photoshop and Wacom tablet.

Just for fun, I decided to color the design.  The original design, I created in pen and ink on bristol board. Eventually I scanned it in and I colorized it using Photoshop.

Today, I look back on my days with the 11th CE Squadron with fondness.  I still count most of the folks I served with among my friends.  CE - thanks for the memories, it was great to be able to serve with you for that time.

Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment