Friday, October 11, 2013

Wash Your Hands



Hi All,

Well, it's coming to the close of the week....for most people.  Mine's just getting going this week because I'm starting a class tonight that'll last thru Monday night.  Reiki I and II class; and if there's enough students I'll be assisting.  Otherwise, I'll be auditing the class, which will be good as well.

So today I've been working on some design work for a couple projects.  After a while, I took a break and started searching thru some old artwork and found a little pen and ink that I did several years ago.

Pen and Ink Illustration using Kooh-i-Noor technical pens
This was a fun little pic I did while I was a Medical Illustrator years ago.  As we all know, in clinical environments, hand washing is mandatory and important to keep from spreading bacteria and germs around.  So this is an illustration I drew for fliers/mini posters to remind personnel to wash regularly.

I really enjoyed pen and ink as a medium and the various techniques that can be used.  I've got some line work, bold areas, and stipple in the illustration.  It was a fun pic.  I always enjoyed experimenting and continually trying to do new illustrations for projects, rather than buying clip art and using some stock work.  Good times.

Check out the water technique...that's a really subpar water stream coming down from the faucet.  Ha ha ha.  In those days I wasn't always faithful in using good reference material, but I had fun and always tried hard...and made sure the customer was happy with the work.

Have a great day everyone.  Enjoy the weekend.

Be good to each other out there.

Peace,

Tom

Tom Kreienbrink
Illustrator, Artist, Holistic Therapist, and Human on Earth


On Facebook (art page and holistic biz page)
On web (holistic biz site and web portfolio web site)

No comments:

Post a Comment