Monday, October 7, 2013

Hand Reflexology Charts

Hi All,

I hope you're all having a good start to this week.  Things are going well here.  Another nice fall week here in Phoenix.  Ahhh....cooling down.

I recently was putting material together for a hand therapy class.  I put a booklet together and drew some Hand Reflexology Charts.  I was going to teach the class with Rod Lyman.  Rod was going to teach acupressure points and related therapy for the hands and my part was Hand Reflexology.

Well, sometimes things come up in life and this is one of those instances.  So we're postponing the class for a while.  But, I got my materials together for the class and am ready when it's time for the class.


Here's a brief description of how I put these reflex maps together.  I drew the actual hand itself and uploaded it into my Mac.  With Photoshop and my Wacom tablet I cleaned up the hand illustration into a simple, clean black and white hand pic.

I then placed the hand pic into an Adobe Illustrator file.  I placed the same one in a second time and mirror flipped it so I have two hands.  To finish the pics, the text and line work was added in with Illustrator, to show the various reflex areas of the hands.  Pretty simple, but a good way to put a clean and descriptive illustration together.


For the back side of the hand (or Dorsal side), I used the original hand pic and made some modifications to it and repeated the same process.

The booklet was typed up in MS Word and imported into Adobe In Design.  Then with In Design, I was able to format this document into a nice, easy to use booklet, for the Hand class.

That's the reflexology maps for the hand class and a little bit on how I was able to produce the illustrations.  I hope your week is going well this week.  Do something nice for yourself and someone else.  Be kind to others.

See you soon.   Peace,

Tom

www.HolisticTherapySolutions.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment